Graduation is a celebration for the entire class, not the individual. The formal attire worn by a graduate is the most iconic graduation tradition. The robes and caps are inseparably tied to the event. The idea of graduates wearing academic robes dates back to the 12th and 13th centuries. Oxford and Cambridge were the first recorded schools to standardize the long gowns to represent unity during graduation. The square cap symbolizes the square shape of the quad on Oxford's campus.
In an effort to formalize Central High School's graduation ceremony, students and faculty are asked to unify in formal dress so the graduate, not the attire, is the focus of the event.
Formal clothing will be provided to students with limited resources. See Ms. Allen, Ms. Jones, or Ms. Haas for assistance.
- Saturday, May 28, 2022
- Time 1:30 p.m.
- University of West Georgia
- Mandatory, May 26, 2022 Time 8:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- UWG Coliseum
Senior Walk-Throughs in school clothing and cap and gown
- Elementary schools 8:00 a.m. May 24, provide your own transportation
- Middle school 9:00 a.m. May 24, provide your own transportation
Senior Individual Photos in Cap and Gown, May 24
Use this link to sign up for a time. Fees can be paid the day of the picture. https://bit.ly/chscapngown
- 7:00 p.m. at Tabernacle Baptist Church
- Monday, May 23, 2022
Cap and Gown delivery Wednesday, April 13, front atrium.
- UWG map with parking locations noted
- What to wear (see What I Need to Know About Graduation)
- How to take care of your gown (see What I Need to Know About Graduation)
Senior class photo on the football field in formal graduation attire:
- Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
Senior individual photos in cap and gown in the front atrium:
- Tuesday, May 24, check the Yearbook page for details
- Look under Activities and Yearbook
- 12 per student will be distributed in early May
- Everyone, including a baby in arms, must have a ticket per Fire Marshall safety regulations
One Time Senior Fee: What to pay and when to pay.
Fees cover: Cap, gown, tassel, diploma, diploma cover, program, alumni tee (if paid by December 16) and ceremony expenses.
|August 3 - October 1||$125 Cash or Check|
|October 2 - December 16||$150 Cash or Check|
|December 16 - February 11||$180 Cash Only - No Alumni Tee|
|After February 11||$200 Cash Only - No Alumni Tee|
What to wear with your gown for the graduation ceremony.
Graduation is a formal ceremony for the entire class. Please be respectful of the clothing request for the event.
Graduation Note: Students wearing blue jeans, tee shirts, or inappropriate shoes will not be allowed to walk during the graduation ceremony. Graduation gowns must be fully zipped up during the entire ceremony.