Why should I dress in formal attire?
Graduation is a celebration for the entire class, not the individual. The formal attire worn by a graduate is the most iconic graduation tradition. The robes and caps are inseparably tied to the event. The idea of graduates wearing academic robes dates back to the 12th and 13th centuries. Oxford and Cambridge were the first recorded schools to standardize the long gowns to represent unity during graduation. The square cap symbolizes the square shape of the quad on Oxford's campus.
In an effort to formalize Central High School's graduation ceremony, students and faculty are asked to unify in formal dress so the graduate, not the attire, is the focus of the event.
Formal clothing will be provided to students with limited resources. See Ms. Jones or Ms. Haas for assistance.
- Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Time 7:00 p.m.
- University of West Georgia Coliseum
- Mandatory, Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- 10:00 a.m. to noon, student provided transportation
- UWG Coliseum
Senior Walk-Throughs in school clothing and cap and gown
- CES, RES, WES at 8:00 a.m. & Central Middle School at 9:00 a.m., provide your own transportation
- Thursday, May 18
- 7:00 p.m. at Tabernacle Baptist Church
- Monday, May 22, 2023 - Tentative Date
Cap and Gown delivery Wednesday, April 12, front atrium.
- UWG map with parking locations noted
- Baccalaureate invitation
Senior class photo on the football field in formal graduation attire:
- Monday, May 15 at 9:00 a.m.
- Early May distribution
- Everyone, including a baby in arms, must have a ticket per Fire Marshall safety regulations
- Students will be issued 12 tickets. Additional tickets will be available at Will-Call the day of graduation beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Important Senior Documents (mailed home)
Students may only wear approved honor regalia during the graduation ceremony. Awards given to students from outside groups such as military recruiters, churches, and/or national organizations will be asked to remove the item for the ceremony.
Check What I Need to Wear and How to Care document for approved regalia.
One Time Senior Fee: What to pay and when to pay.
Fees cover: Cap, gown, tassel, diploma, diploma cover, program, alumni tee (if paid by December 15) and ceremony expenses.
|August 5 - October 7||$125 Cash or Check|
|October 8 - December 15||$150 Cash or Check|
|December 16 - February 17||$180 Cash Only - No Alumni Tee|
|After February 17||$200 Cash Only - No Alumni Tee|
What to wear with your gown for the graduation ceremony.
Graduation is a formal ceremony for the entire class. Please be respectful of the clothing request for the event.
Graduation Note: Students wearing blue jeans, tee shirts, or inappropriate shoes will not be allowed to walk during the graduation ceremony. Graduation gowns must be fully zipped up during the entire ceremony.