Honors & Awards
2020 Honors & Awards Night
Honors & Awards Night Welcome
Honor cords signify a level of academic achievement in the awarded field or pathway. Honor cords will be awarded only to those students who have met the standards of a State or National organization which sponsors an Honor Society and to which the local organization has an active affiliation.
Students may only wear approved honor regalia during the graduation ceremony. Awards given to students from outside groups such as military recruiters, churches, and/or national organizations will be asked to remove the item for the ceremony.
Students in the 9th and 10th grade are eligible for honor recognition if they maintain a grade point average of 3.7 or higher.
- Students in the 9th grade are awarded an honor certificate.
- Students in the 10th grade class with a grade point average of 3.7 or higher, being honored for a second year of academic excellence will receive their academic letter.
Students in the 11th and 12th grade are eligible for honors recognition if they maintain a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- Juniors who have previously received an academic letter will receive a bar to go with their letter. In addition, 11th grade students are eligible to earn their National Honor Society pin, the University of Georgia Certificate of Merit, and Junior Marshal sash.
- Seniors receive a letter or bar, depending on the number of years the student has been an eligible recipient. Students who have maintained an academic grade point average of 3.5 or higher in math, science, social studies, English and Foreign Language are recognized as Carroll County Scholars with a white cord. Dual enrollment cords, Beta Club cords, and Spanish Honor Society cords are also awarded to seniors who have met program requirements.
- Students who meet Presidential Education Excellence qualifications will receive the President's Award certificate.
Central High School clubs and organizations, with approved honor regalia, offer students an opportunity to earn and wear honor cords and medallions include: